Search This Blog

Friday, December 26, 2014

The Goats' Christmas Tree

I tend to be a bit of a "bah humbug" person around this time of year.  I watch people spending money that they can't afford on gifts that may or may not be suitable or appreciated, and I decided a long time ago that it wasn't what I wanted to remember about the Christmas season.

My mother, though, loves many of the trappings of Christmas, and one of her favorites is a Christmas tree.  Since she's 93, it seemed a good idea to cater to her wishes and put up a tree.  They do fill the house with a glorious scent, and even I have to admit that a lit Christmas tree is a joy to behold.


However, I don't think we enjoy our trees nearly as much as the goats enjoyed theirs--albeit  in a very different fashion.  I know they'll like ours just as much.


Dolly and D'Arcy are the first to nibble

Beatrice and Leah have to assert themselves, of course.

Dolly wonders if she can get another bite.

The herd queen loves the tree!  And Dolly can only wait her turn.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderation is just so I'm aware of your comment.