Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The (semi) final iteration.

I thought I'd just post the almost last design change of my cheese press.  I say "almost" because you will not that there are no legs on it...yet.  I plan to cut dowels to fit into the existing holes and make legs, and probably I'll make a groove or two from the center of the cheese mold to the edge to carry away the liquid from pressing.

Note the 6-inch stainless steel mold.  I priced these online from $84.50 for a 5-1/2 inch mold.  I had the local machine shop make me one for $25.00.  I think he did a great job, and it works wonderfully.  My 4-inch mold was even less expensive--the tin from Sesame Tahini, exactly 4-inches and a perfect size for a small cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderation is just so I'm aware of your comment.